Andreas - I like the blocky one a lot more now - much more visually interesing.
But I can't help but still want the thumbprint one to work - it is the most personable. What if the 2 and 3 are slightly bolder? Also, what if instead of getting lost in all of the diagonals they form the center of a sort of swirl in the thumbprint (see pic on blog).
Also, I think maybe a sans serif would be a better type treatment with the thumb print. The "handwritten" look is a little too informal for the services that your client provides.
I agree with Caitlin. The blocky one is much cooler now that you have tightened it up but the thumbprint just captures the idea better. I think if you make that 23 pop more like she illustrated in the latest post and used a thin (maybe the same thickness as the lines in the fingerprint?) san serif type treatment below this would be right on.
Band wagon here i come! I like the possibility you have to repeat the same shape for the '3', 'M', 'E'. Some cool stuff is starting to happen in the "blocky one". maybe try using identical shapes so the only diff is their orientation...the '2' could symbolize individuality. However, im a fan of the print and would love to see it implemented once you get it cleaned up! PS. Good call Caitlin!
Andreas - I like the blocky one a lot more now - much more visually interesing.
ReplyDeleteBut I can't help but still want the thumbprint one to work - it is the most personable. What if the 2 and 3 are slightly bolder? Also, what if instead of getting lost in all of the diagonals they form the center of a sort of swirl in the thumbprint (see pic on blog).
Also, I think maybe a sans serif would be a better type treatment with the thumb print. The "handwritten" look is a little too informal for the services that your client provides.
I agree with Caitlin. The blocky one is much cooler now that you have tightened it up but the thumbprint just captures the idea better. I think if you make that 23 pop more like she illustrated in the latest post and used a thin (maybe the same thickness as the lines in the fingerprint?) san serif type treatment below this would be right on.
ReplyDeleteBand wagon here i come! I like the possibility you have to repeat the same shape for the '3', 'M', 'E'. Some cool stuff is starting to happen in the "blocky one". maybe try using identical shapes so the only diff is their orientation...the '2' could symbolize individuality.
ReplyDeleteHowever, im a fan of the print and would love to see it implemented once you get it cleaned up!
PS. Good call Caitlin!