Saturday, February 26, 2011

Knitty feedback
















I scanned my 'yarn logo' and made a rough vector of it. I know it needs work, but I'm just wondering if I should continue to work on that one, or if you guys like the other one better. Thoughts?

3 comments:

  1. thanks for your feedback! I like real yarn logo. I think you're on the right track. I think the knitty needs to be emphasized. It kind of blends into the loop de loos. If you make more white space around the word or bold? Just some ideas. If you do continue with the other one I would try looking at different needle ends. I know some are circular but right now the proportions aren't quite right. Maybe it you make the end taper or if you make the needle longer? Again, I'm just throwing out ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the direction of the bottom one the most. i think it has the most potential to be something really dynamic and interesting. just a few suggestions. i would say cut back on the amount of yarn loops on the fringe. you want it to look almost patterned with just a pinch of messy i think. also need to size up the text in relation to the boarder to really make it first thing we see. and one more (sorry this one just gets me really excited for some reason ha) this might be hard to describe over text but try a look where the word knitty has no definitive boarder at the beginning or end of the word but only at the top and bottom (still in circle shape though) with all it being one continuous line still. sort of like an s if you think the middle as knitty and top and bottoms as boarders, if that makes any sense. i think it would help readability and emphasis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Emily!
    This logo is crying out for some illustrator love. Specifically, using the "width tool".
    Watch this demo, and be amazed. It would require you to redraw your sketch in a single line weight, and then mess with width in illustrator.

    http://vimeo.com/11392080

    ReplyDelete