Here is a monogram using a 'G' and 'D' for "goat dairy" to hint at a goat head. Im still experimenting with typefaces to fit the style for the rest of the name. Any thoughts or suggestions?
Hi Skyler. This is an interesting direction (although GD is a bit of a stretch when you are trying to communicate Haystack Mountain (HM). I wonder if an abstractly drawn goat head is a good enough idea in itself? And if you freed yourself from trying to communicate the GD it might look more like a goat head. Now, without knowing you were going for a goat, I saw a phoenix with a bent beak. I also saw a pair of testicles. (I know, my mind is in the gutter, but if I'm seeing it, some other people might see it too.) something to try: draw goat heads with your non dominant hand. Also, look at artists you admire (picasso? r. crumb?) and how would they approach the problem. Picasso has drawn some seriously amazing, simple, graphic Bulls. Check him out.
I saw 2 goat logos in a design blog. But for the life of me I cannot find them again. I looked for about an hour. One idea I had when I saw your "GD" is looking at brands. Like cattle brands. You could create a nice shape with the letters, and not necessarily have to depict a goat. Just one idea though. I think a goat silhouette could be nice too.
Yeah, sorry Skyler... I see a witches face or a pair of very lopsided testicles (she said it first!). I think this would be closer to working if it were being used to brand Goat Dairy and not Haystack Mountain. Tying in the "GD" seems like it requires too much explanation. Abstracted, dirty goat head all the way! (with a little sprig of hay hanging from his mouth?)
Hi Skyler.
ReplyDeleteThis is an interesting direction (although GD is a bit of a stretch when you are trying to communicate Haystack Mountain (HM). I wonder if an abstractly drawn goat head is a good enough idea in itself? And if you freed yourself from trying to communicate the GD it might look more like a goat head. Now, without knowing you were going for a goat, I saw a phoenix with a bent beak. I also saw a pair of testicles. (I know, my mind is in the gutter, but if I'm seeing it, some other people might see it too.) something to try: draw goat heads with your non dominant hand. Also, look at artists you admire (picasso? r. crumb?) and how would they approach the problem. Picasso has drawn some seriously amazing, simple, graphic Bulls. Check him out.
I saw 2 goat logos in a design blog. But for the life of me I cannot find them again. I looked for about an hour. One idea I had when I saw your "GD" is looking at brands. Like cattle brands. You could create a nice shape with the letters, and not necessarily have to depict a goat. Just one idea though. I think a goat silhouette could be nice too.
ReplyDeletehttp://thedesignmag.com/28-beautiful-animal-inspired-logo-designs.html
ReplyDeletecheck out the brown cow one and the torro one
Yeah, sorry Skyler... I see a witches face or a pair of very lopsided testicles (she said it first!). I think this would be closer to working if it were being used to brand Goat Dairy and not Haystack Mountain. Tying in the "GD" seems like it requires too much explanation. Abstracted, dirty goat head all the way! (with a little sprig of hay hanging from his mouth?)
ReplyDelete